How to study in Canada

The Canadian education system is ranked among the best in the world in the last years, being in the seventh position among other countries such as Japan, Singapore, and Finland. Moreover, in the last census in 2016, more than half (54%) of Canadians aged more than 25 had either college or university qualifications, accordingly to Statistics Canada.

With such impressive numbers, it is easy to understand why Canada is the first option for many people who want to pursue a high qualification through studies. As a group of Vancouver Immigration Consultants, the team at Racer Immigration is here to support you through your process to study in one of the best-educated countries in the world.

If you are planning to get high education in Canada, such as a bachelor or post-graduation, you will need to fill some requirements and apply for visa and study permit. As part of the requirements, you need to have all the requirements that the college or university that you are applying requests. In a positive scenario, your college or university will provide you a document named “Letter of Acceptance” (LOA).

After you have the LOA, it is time to apply for your visa and study permit. Keep in mind that these processes are two different things. The visa is your permission to enter in Canada for a limited period that may vary from case to case.

The permit is another different document. You will receive your permit accordingly your intention declared when you requested your visa to enter in Canada. Thus, for a study permit, the immigration officer issues it when you arrive in the country, in the immigration process. The immigration officer will check your visa and other important documents and after everything checked, your study permit will be issued, allowing you to study for a determined period.

We from Racer Immigration know that this process might be overwhelming for you. That’s why we are here to support you and your plans to successes. To meet with an Immigration Advisor in Vancouver, contact Racer Immigration at (778) 688-4848 or visit