As a Vancouver immigration agency, Racer Immigration provides full-service immigration and business consulting, assessing the best possible ways for clients to immigrate to Canada. However, what do you do after you arrive? From securing a job to setting up a bank account, the Government of Canada offers resources that identify many excellent services available to new Canadians. Some of these include:
- locating for a job (for example, nearby multicultural centres, immigrant services, or local libraries)
- getting a language assessment or registering for English/French classes (such as local ESL schools)
- finding a place to live
- assistance for filling out forms and applications (immigrant service centres)
- Sign up kids for school (district contact information)
- learning about community services (multicultural centres)
The Government of Canada’s website offers a handy search engine to seek out these services based on an address or postal code, and filter by the services required. From there people can contact the service provider directly. For those who are currently outside of Canada, they can look for available Pre-Arrival Services using a similar search engine.
The immigration consultants at Racer Immigration provide the information necessary to help new Canadians get a head start. For more information, call (778) 688-4848.