Preapproved Permanent Residency for Caregivers in Canada 

As a Canadian immigration consultant in Vancouver, Racer Immigration knows how important it is for families to stay together. For foreign Caregivers hoping to come to Canada, securing clearance for their families used to take a long time. However, the Government of Canada has announced a pilot program intended to expedite the process.

Previously, Caregivers coming to Canada had to work for a period of time before they could even think about bringing their families over. This meant spouses and children were often separated, which placed considerable strain on family relationships.

The new Caregiver pilot program, announced on February 23rd, will allow overseas workers to bring family members with them to Canada with pre-approved Permanent Residency.

Eligibility for Permanent Residency will be determined before applicants arrive in Canada. They will be given a new, occupation-specific Work Permit that allows for changing employers without applying for a new Work Permit.

The pilot program will run for five years, and allow Caregivers to bring their spouses, common-law partners and dependent children. Spouses and partners will be issued Open Work Permits, allowing them to work for any Canadian employer. Children will be issued Study Permits, so they can register for school. Caregivers already living in Canada are also welcome also apply.

As a full service immigration and business consulting firm, the consultants at  Racer Immigration assess the best possible way for client to immigrate to Canada. Services also include assisting in the application processing and overcoming difficulties if challenges arise. For employers, Racer Immigration can assist in processing of the LMIA and searching for foreign skilled workers, especially in the manufacturing sector.

For those curious about Canada’s new Caregiver pilot program, the consultants at Racer Immigration consultants in Vancouver are pleased to provide guidance and advice. To learn more, visit or contact (778) 688-4848.