Retail Store Supervisor (Assistant Store Manager) (7-11 Canada)
Posted 4 years ago
Work Location: Merritt, BC
Working conditions: Permanent, F/T (40hrs /week), Shift, Overtime, Weekend, Day, Night, Evening
Salary & Benefits: $18.00- 18.30 p/h +depending on location+ Longevity Bonus + 4% of vacation pay + Medical Benefits + Life Insurance Benefits
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities in a 24hour store operation with a staffing crew up to 20 people.
- Assign sales workers to duties and prepare work schedules
- Authorize payments and the return of merchandise
- Resolve issues that may arise, including customer requests, complaints and supply shortages
- Maintain specified inventory and order merchandise
- Prepare reports regarding sales volumes, merchandising and personnel matters
- Hire and train or arrange for the training of new sales staff and monitor and report on performance
- Ensure the visual standards and image of the store are maintained, such as store displays, signage and cleanliness
- May perform the same duties as workers supervised
- May perform key holding and managerial duties if required, such as opening and closing the store, managing escalated complaints, developing and implementing marketing strategies, and signing for deliveries.
- Education: Completion High school diploma or equivalent of secondary school is mandatory. Sales courses or training is an advantage;
- Experience: Previous retail sales experience for at least one year;
- Work setting: Willing and able to work a variety of shifts, including mornings, afternoons, evenings and nights;
- Staff Responsibility: Ability to supervise up to 20 people. Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively with customers and coworkers;
- Security and Safety: Basic security clearance; Criminal record check;
- Essential skills: Reading text, document use, numeracy, communication, working with others, problem solving, decision making, critical thinking, significant use of memory, finding information, computer use, continuous learning.
|Job Category||Retail or Store|