Recruitment and Immigration Services for Business Owners and Employers
Please Note **We Do Not Provide Asylum Or Refugee Sponsorship Services**
Foreign Workers and LMIA
Are you having a problem filling a job vacancy? Do you need help to hire a foreign worker? Racer Immigration Consulting Inc. can help you find the right candidate and get the worker into Canada.
Why Hire a Foreign Worker?
There are many advantages to Canadian businesses who are willing to consider employing a foreign worker. Many Canadian employers struggle to find suitable applicants with the requisite work experience to fill their positions locally.
Foreign workers offer Canadian businesses the following benefits:
- Access to a better qualified pool of workers in today’s tight labor market with record low unemployment rates
- More selection of potential employees to allow employers to find the right candidate for their specific line of work
- Lower employee turnover and strong incentive for good performance by the employee because the work permit is employer specific thus making it a committed relationship.
Racer can also help families recruit foreign caregivers and the LMIA process required. For more information, please read our more about our foreign caregiver recruitment service here.
What is Involved in Hiring a Foreign Worker?
Hiring a foreign worker is a complicated process. The first step is to obtain the approval to hire a foreign worker by applying for a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) from Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC). Then, after finding the right foreign worker for your position, the prospective employee must apply for a work permit. Applying for an LMIA is a tedious and daunting process which can lead to time-consuming errors without guidance from a team of professionals.
We have the expertise to help you determine what applications need to be filed including helping you to apply for an LMIA and assisting with procuring your future employee’s work permit. Once these two processes have been successfully completed, we can also help with your worker’s permanent residency application.
Foreign Worker Recruitment
Racer helps Canadian businesses to recruit foreign workers from all around the world, but we apply a particular focus to sourcing skilled employees from the Philippines. Filipino workers are known to be hard working, and most possess the ability to speak English very well.
Racer has strategic partners in the Philippines who assist us with actively recruiting workers with an interest in working in Canada on a temporary or permanent basis. To simplify the process for our clients, we set up Skype interviews and verify if the foreign workers truly have the required skills each employer is seeking.
To help facilitate the recruitment period, we also assist with processing the Overseas Employment Certificate, a requirement of the Philippine government prior to deploying workers.
Can Racer Help Me Find the Right Foreign Worker for My Industry?
Racer places a high priority on helping leading Canadian businesses find skilled foreign workers for employment across a broad spectrum of industries. We have pre-screened and approved foreign workers in each of the following industries, allowing Canadian employers immediate access to a grouping of qualified candidates for their jobs.
- Food manufacturing companies
- Retail outlets
- Store management
- Hotel services
- Technology industry
- IT services
- Computer programmers and software developers
- Skilled labourers for the manufacturing industry
- Managerial and supervisory staff
Why Hire Us?
Racer recognizes that when it comes to hiring foreign employees for a business, time is of the essence. We make it our business to provide our valued customers with the most direct and cost-effective route to finding the right employee and procuring the correct documentation for them to begin work as soon as possible.
- Save Time: Racer can assist in the entire recruitment and immigration process of foreign workers. Racer will take care of all the hassle in hiring foreign workers so business owners can grow their businesses without worrying about the administrative paperwork.
- Avoid Headache: Because of Racer’s expertise, we know what can and cannot be done in the immigration process. This will save employers significant time by avoiding situations where significant time and energy is invested in a process that fails in later stages.
We provide the following services for our Canadian clients:
- Legal representation in government matters
- Customized immigration solutions to meet each client’s needs
- Strategic immigration planning
- Cost-effective services and affordable payment plans
- Hands-on assistance for each step of the process
- Support to resolve any issue that arises
Other Details – Express Entry to Work In Canada
Express Entry establishes a new criteria for candidates wishing to immigrate to Canada. The process begins with the entering of a candidate into a pool from which IRCC (Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada) will select the individuals based on their job suitability score. These successful candidates will then be invited to apply for specific job postings. In order to be considered for the Express Entry pool, a candidate must be eligible for one of the following qualifications:
- Federal Skilled Worker Class
- Federal Skilled Trades Class
- Canadian Experience Class
- Express Entry via Provincial Nominee
Except for in the case of the Federal Skilled Trades Class, an offer of employment is not required. However, a valid job offer can greatly increase eligibility and an invitation for Express Entry. Candidates are qualified and ranked based on language, ability, age, work experience, education, adaptability, job offer, and provincial nomination.
Other Details – Provincial Nominee Program for Skilled Workers
Some foreign workers do not qualify for Express Entry, but this does not mean that they are not eligible to work in Canada. For prospective employees interested in employment within the country, the Provincial Nominee Program for Skilled Workers (Non-Express Entry) may be the route to go. PNP is a lengthier process than Express Entry and often requires an extension of existing work permits.
Racer provides Provincial Nominee Program application and processing assistance to businesses in the following provinces:
- British Columbia
- Nova Scotia
- New Brunswick
- Prince Edward Island
- Newfoundland and Labrador
- Northwest Territory